Discover the strategies that have the biggest impact on student achievement
|Course Title||Visible Learning Conference|
|Course Tutor||Deb Masters and Craig Parkinson|
|Target Audience||Headteachers and assistant headteachers|
|Course Description||Visible Learning is based on evidence from around the world on what makes the most effective schools and what makes the most effective teachers. It shows that some of the things we believe have an impact on achievement, don’t impact as much as we think (certainly not enough to justify the time and effort we allocate to them). Yet other things have considerable influence and we don’t even realise it! |
The Visible Learning Conference is being led by Deb Masters. Deb is at the cutting edge of educational research and has worked extensively with Professor John Hattie in developing and promoting the concept of Visible Learning.
During the conference you will take part in a series of keynotes and workshops that will explore the key concepts of Visible Learning and enable you to embed them in your school:
• The Visible Learning research – key highlights from Hattie’s research and what it means for schools.
• The role of leadership for developing the Visible Learning Mindframes.
• The Visible Learning meta-analyses – going deeper with the research.
• Developing Visible Learners.
• Using meta-cognitive strategies for learning.
• Feedback that makes learning visible.
• Student voice and evidence gathering.
|Date||Tuesday 25 November 2014|
|Times||Refreshments from 8:15 for a 9:00 start. Finish by 16:00|
|Venue||Winter Gardens, Weston-super-Mare|
|Cost||Learning Exchange member fee: £150 per delegate|
Non member fee: £175 per delegate