The framework is intended to support a school or academy in their own self-evaluation.
Effective self-evaluation requires an honest and investigative approach to what is working well and what isn’t. Done well, it enables true professional learning to take place for the purpose of leading to richer and deeper learning experiences for children and young people.
North Somerset Learning Exchange (NSLE) is committed to helping all schools in being well informed and well prepared for its Ofsted inspection.
The inspection framework effective from September 2015 clearly supports the importance of schools working in their own way. The professional judgement of inspectors is key and is based on a thorough understanding of ‘how well individual children and learners benefit from the education provided by the school’. Inspectors are urged always to ‘be curious as well as compliant’.
The sections in the document follow the Ofsted framework:
- Section 1 – Effectiveness of leadership and management including safeguarding, curriculum and governance
- Section 2 – Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Section 3 – Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Section 4 – Outcomes for pupils
- Section 5 – Effectiveness of Early Years provision
- Section 6 – Effectiveness of the 16-19 study programme
- Section 7 – Overall effectiveness
- Section 8 – Summary
More information about the framework can be found here