Why is this important?
Membership of this network will enable those who lead primary science to consider their role in creating an environment free of limiting beliefs (Learning without Limits) by:
- enabling all children to have a chance to surprise us – and themselves – about what they can achieve when they experience a richly creative broad and balanced curriculum;
- developing expert teachers who trust in every child’s learning capacity, and focus their energy on planning high quality learning experiences;
- ensuring that challenge within lessons is appropriate so children develop the dispositions to work at the very limit of their current understanding;
- ensuring that feedback about learning is kind, specific and helpful and builds motivation to approach new learning in a very powerful way;
- supporting teachers to find a way through for every child in order to remove ‘barriers’ to learning.
How will it impact?
By accessing this professional development you will:
- have an increasing understanding of Learning without Limits and the implications for the leadership of science;
- have received updates on the latest research and developments linked to primary science, including Ofsted.
Who is the professional development for?
Target Group(s): Science subject leaders
What format will it take?
1 x half day session
Learning Exchange member fee: £50 per school (for up to two members of staff to attend)
Non-member fee: £60 for each network member
Thursday 29 June 2017 – 13:30 – 17:00
Please book your place(s) on CPD Online: