Why is this important?
Membership of this network will enable those who lead primary foreign languages to consider their role in creating an environment free of limiting beliefs.
In the context of national and international research, members of this professional learning community will consider their role as a leader in:
- enabling all children to have a chance to surprise us – and themselves – about what they can achieve when they experience a richly creative broad and balanced curriculum;
- developing expert teachers who trust in every child’s learning capacity, and focus their energy on planning high quality learning experiences;
- ensuring that challenge within lessons is appropriate so children develop the dispositions to work at the very limit of their current understanding;
- ensuring that feedback about learning is kind, specific and helpful and builds motivation to approach new learning in a very powerful way;
- supporting teachers to find a way through for every child in order to remove ‘barriers’ to learning.
The ‘Learning without Limits’ toolkit will underpin the work of the network providing a framework to aid school self-evaluation and to develop the leadership qualities of openness, questioning, inventiveness, persistence, emotional stability, generosity and empathy.
The primary languages network will focus on collaboration and shared learning between schools to support the continued exploration and development of a suite of high quality materials to support the teaching of primary languages.
How will it impact?
By accessing this professional development you will:
- have an increasing understanding of Learning without Limits and the implications for the leadership of primary languages;
- have received updates on the latest research and developments linked to primary languages, including Ofsted.
Who is the professional development for?
Target Group(s): Primary foreign language subject leaders
What format will it take?
1 x half day session
Learning Exchange member fee: £50 per school (for up to two members of staff to attend)
Non-member fee: £60 for each network member
Tuesday 27 June 2017 – 13:15 – 15:45
Please book your place(s) on CPD Online: