Why is this important?
Membership of this network will enable those who lead mathematics to consider their role in creating an environment free of limiting beliefs. As a community, we will further explore Learning without Limits and the implications for leadership. We will consider how to challenge the way existing education systems reinforce fixed mind-set thinking in adults and children.
In the context of national and international research, members of this professional learning community will consider their role as a leader in:
- enabling all children to have a chance to surprise us – and themselves – about what they can achieve when they experience a richly creative broad and balanced curriculum;
- developing expert teachers who trust in every child’s learning capacity, and focus their energy on planning high quality learning experiences;
- ensuring that challenge within lessons is appropriate so children develop the dispositions to work at the very limit of their current understanding;
- ensuring that feedback about learning is kind, specific and helpful and builds motivation to approach new learning in a very powerful way;
- supporting teachers to find a way through for every child in order to remove ‘barriers’ to learning.
The ‘Learning without Limits’ toolkit will underpin the work of the network providing a framework to aid school self-evaluation and to develop the leadership qualities of openness, questioning, inventiveness, persistence, emotional stability, generosity and empathy.
How will it impact?
By accessing this professional development, you will:
- have an increasing understanding of Learning without Limits and the implications for the leadership of mathematics;
- have received updates on the latest research and developments linked to mathematics, including Ofsted;
- be informed of changes and amendments to national assessments.
Who is the professional development for?
Target Group(s): Mathematics subject leaders
What format will it take?
1 x half day session
Learning Exchange member fee: £50 per school (for up to two members of staff to attend)
Non-member fee: £60 for each network member
Monday 19 June 2017 – 13:15 – 15:45
Monday 3 July 2017 – 13:15 – 15:45
Please book your place(s) on CPD Online: