Why is this important?
This course re-examines the thinking behind Critical Skills Programme (CSP) and how it links to Learning without Limits. Delegates will revisit the tools of CSP and supplement their understanding with new learning around the Expeditionary Learning Protocols. They will explore the links between ‘check-in’, ‘morning meeting’ and ‘crew’, whilst engaging in community building activities. There will be the opportunity to work with ‘challenge crafting’ and develop the relationship between loops of learning, backward planning and performances of understanding. There will also be an explicit focus on intrinsic motivation, learning design and the dangers of ability labelling.
How will it impact?
By accessing this professional development, you will:
- learn to use tools and protocols to assess the impact of your teaching;
- experience the power of collaborative group work;
- understand the importance of backward planning and loops of learning;
- construct a bank of community building activities;
- learn how to write ‘challenges’ to deepen your children’s collaborative learning experiences.
Who is the professional development for?
Target Group(s): Teachers and teaching assistants
What format will it take?
1 x full day
Learning Exchange member fee: £600 per school
Non-member fee: £750 per school