This is a two day course to develop phonics subject knowledge and to explore how teachers can ensure that children apply their phonic knowledge and skills to reading and writing within a supportive learning environment…
|Course Title||Communication & Language and Literacy in Foundation Stage and Year 1|
|Course Tutor||Sarah McGahern and Justine Gregory|
|Duration||2 x full day course (attend both days)|
|Target Audience||Teachers and teaching assistants new to Reception and Year 1 including NQTs/RQTs|
|Guidance||Essential for teachers new to Reception and Year 1|
|Course Description||This is a two day course to develop phonics subject knowledge and to explore how teachers can ensure that children apply their phonic knowledge and skills to reading and writing within a supportive learning environment. Participants must attend both days.|
N.B. This course is fully aligned with the expectations in the new EYFS framework and National Curriculum 2014 programmes of study for English.
• be supported to develop consistently good and outstanding teaching in communication & language and literacy which can be evidenced through pupil outcomes;
• have a clear understanding of 'the Simple View of Reading' and ways in which this may inform the teaching of early reading and writing;
• have developed their phonic subject knowledge;
• have a clear understanding of the criteria for quality first teaching of phonics;
• understand how effective assessment facilitates early phonics intervention;
• consider the learning environment and how it supports communication & language and literacy.
|Time||09:00 – 15:00|
|Cost||Learning Exchange member fee: £250 per delegate for two days|
Non member fee: £275 per delegate for two days.